Hurry and register to get the early-bird rate of only $75 for the 7th Annual Sustainable Turf and Landscape Seminar, “Healthy Landscapes with Limited Water.” The event is hosted by the Cuyamaca College Ornamental Horticulture department and is slated for Thursday, March 5 at the Cuyamaca College Performing Arts Theater in El Cajon, CA
- Dr. Mike Richardson from the University of Arkansas leads off with a presentation on “Where do turf grasses fit in a world with less water?” Other speakers include:
- Vickie Estrada, FASLA, Design Strategies for Resource Conservation;
- Dr. Akif Eskalen – UC Extension, Polyphagous Shot Hole Borer Update;
- Carlos Michelon – S.D. County Water Authority, Local Water Issues;
- Craig Kessler – Southern CA Golf Association, Water Supply and the Turf Industry;
- David Fleming – Golf Properties Design, Turf Replacement Solutions in golf courses;
- Bryan Maynard – The Brickman Group, Turf Replacement Solutions in Commercial Landscapes and
- Mike Palat – West Coast Arborists, Managing Tree Health under Drought Conditions.
The Cuyamaca College Performing Arts Center entrance will be transformed into an industry trade show with vendor representation from lawn and garden, golf course, landscape, landscape maintenance, arboriculture, sports turf and more. This year’s event is scheduled to be the largest ever.
The $75 registration fee includes a continental breakfast, lunch and parking. For more information and registration, visit http://www.cuyamaca.edu/ohweb/ or call 619.660.4023.