The Plant Services Division has reported that there are currently five active Red Imported Fire Ant (RIFA) infestations in Arizona at this time. Three are new this Spring. In order to deter the presence of these pests in your nursery and the state, below are reminders for you to make sure you are complying with the state law.
- Receiving loads from out of state? It is mandatory to report those to the department especially if the material is 15 gal or 24″ and up in size.
- Paperwork on each load received may be requested by ADA inspectors to support quarantine compliance and must be retained for 1 year.
- Work with your suppliers to avoid bringing the problem to AZ. Clean plant material is everyone’s best interest.
- Out of State nurseries may be suspended from shipping to AZ by the department, and reported to USDA under the provisions of the Federal Plant Protection Act for follow-up, if ant problems are detected.
- RIFA is a public health and safety concern!
Any questions about RIFA compliance issues or for more information, please contact John Caravetta at 602-542-0996 or email@example.com